Open Air Burning
Burning off without a permit is authorised outside the declared fire danger period only and is applicable to properties exceeding one(1) acre (4046mĒ)
The following points must be adhered to, prior to and whilst burning off:
For any further information please contact Council's Infrastructure Services Department on (03) 9433 3231
- No strong winds are blowing.
- No fire may be lit on any day declared by the EPA as a day of high pollution.
- The fire is to be extinguished by 6:00pm or upon direction by an Authorised Officer; a member of Victoria Police, or a member of a Fire Brigade.
- No solvents, petroleum products, rubber or any substances that may give off toxic smoke are to be used to start or maintain the fire.
- The fire is not left unattended at any time.
- Only a small fire is maintained at any time.
- No inconvenience is caused to nearby residents.
- Adequate waer supply is available e.g. garden hose.
- Only one fire is to be alight at any one time.
- Fires are to be lit only in an area away from other combustible material and overhanging trees, shrubs etc.
- Notify brigade and/or VicFire of your intention to burn and date(s) burning is to take place. Phone number of Eltham Fire Brigade is below.